Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Summer Project

 These are the before pictures. I can't describe the nastiness. Just be grateful you weren't up close and personal.
I was so proud of myself for getting the toilet and the cabinet out by myself. Are you ready for the finished product??!!






 I really wanted to get the walls smooth after taking off the wallpaper. It looked kind of okay in the natural light coming through the window, but once I reinstalled the light fixture I was so disappointed. I'll be texturing these walls someday -- just not this year.
 Here is a picture of my first tiling project. I tiled the bathroom, through a little hallway, and the laundry room. It's amazing how much difference the tile made!
The mirror was a $15 thrift store find, and the light fixture was what was there before -- only it was a rusty, used-to-be shiny brass. Is it weird to have the light fixture and mirror an aged copper color and the towel racks and faucet chrome? What would you do with the mirror and light fixture?

So there, you don't have to be afraid to ask to use my bathroom anymore. Now can we start summer over, please? I think I missed it.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

I love it! I can't tell you how amazing it looks. And you should be very impressed with yourself. :) You go, girl! :)

JW and Alli said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Great job Susan! Spray paint the light and mirror frame black. Just cover the mirror, and parts of the light you don't want black with tape and plastic. We have done this in our old home with numerous lights, doorknobs, etc. The black is in, and it will work well with chrome. Plus black will ground the room. So, when are we going to get together again?

Susan said...

Black! Of course! Thanks, Erin. My family is coming to visit next week, but we'll have to plan to get together after that.

Kellee said...

That looks absolutely wonderful! I love the new color. Why do so many homes in NC have so much wallpaper?!?

julie said...

Unbelievable! That is something to be proud of. I love it all. I am seriously impressed! Have fun with your family next week.

Brigette Little said...

Wow! You did a great job! It looks awesome. I am totally impressed that you did that yourself!

Kim said...

WOW!! It feels so good when you complete a project like that. Well done. Eclectic is in, so don't worry about the mismatch. If it bothers you, you can pain those with rustoleum spray paint. I did that to the light fixture in my bathroom. Oh, I never have posted before/afters of that, have I??