Monday, July 11, 2011

Preview of my old age

Well, maybe this is a little of what I'll look like when I'm 85. I was sanding the walls in the bathroom today, and this is actually after I had cleaned up a bit. Even my eyelashes were completely white. I was going to just do it with the wet sanding sponge, since they say you should avoid sanding the mud if you want to prevent lung cancer, but there was no way I was going to spend a week going over the walls with that tiny sponge. Bless my husband's heart for buying that electric sander! I really think mudding is an art, and I'm not that good at it. I took it on as a challenge to see if I can actually get the walls smooth in our bathroom after removing the wallpaper. The verdict is still out. If I end up texturing the walls anyway after all that sanding, I'm going to be so frustrated.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

If anyone can do it, its you. :) This picture is great!! :)

Kim said...

You'll still be hot at 85!!

julie said...

Super woman hits again. I really am amazed at all the projects you are taking on. And I am with Kim. If only I could look that good at 85!

Kellee said...

Julie, you and Kim will be looking that hot with all that jazzersizing you'll be doing with that old ladies dance group :)

You amaze me too Suzy Q! So, if we buy an old fixer upper (assuming we move out there), will you come help me with my projects? I'll make banana pudding with real bananas in it :)

Susan said...

You guys make me feel so good! I'll have to keep uploading weird pictures of myself to keep the compliments coming. :)

And Kellee, I'll definitely come help with any house projects you want. Throw in some chocolate and I'll do your dishes, too. :) I'm dying to hear how things went with Joe's trip, so be sure to give me an update soon!

And hey, that banana pudding was still good even without the bananas. :)