Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chocolate Never Faileth

My sister gave me this awesome cookbook for Christmas. Everything I have made from it has been wonderful. One of the things I love about it is the chocolate-lover quotes that the author has included throughout the pages. I was making a cake today and saw this one that I just loved:

"A good piece of chocolate has about 200 calories. I enjoy two servings per night, and a few more on weekends, so I consume 3,500 calories of chocolate each week -- which equals one pound of weight per week. 
Therefore ...
In the last three and a half years, I have eaten the equivalent of about 180 pounds in chocolate. I weigh 165 pounds. Without chocolate, I would have wasted away to nothing about three months ago! 
I owe my life to chocolate.
-- DeLayna B."

I don't know DeLayna B., but I bet we could spend a great weekend together! I needed the cake recipe for this ghost cake I'm trying to make. I'm only making a two-layer cake, so it will look different but hopefully I'll have something worth taking a picture of later tonight. I'm crossing my fingers, anyway!

5 comments:

Kellee said...

I want that book too! That sounds awesome. Your ghost cake looks so cool.

There's nothing better than chocolate. Not even ice cream. Kim might disagree :)

Brigette Little said...

You know- there is always chocolate ON ice cream. :)

JW and Alli said...

Sorry Susan, chocolate is quite over-rated! :) (And yes - I do realized I'm in the minority here.)

Kristen said...

Your title says it all. I LOVE chocolate. :)

Kim said...

I think that same equation can convert over to ice cream. Chocolate is a close second though. Between the two, survival is definitely possible!