Monday, October 03, 2011

October 1-3

So, October is here once again. Last year after blogging about our countdown chain to Halloween someone commented that it's no wonder Halloween is a favorite holiday for our kids. Yeah, that's true, so instead of complaining about it I'm just going to enjoy it since this is something I instigated in our family. Let the fun begin!
October 1: Paper pumpkins -- notice that Nikki has already broken into the costume box.
October 2: Candy corn toenails. Ryan can't stand to see polish out and not be part of it. I'll do his toenails, but I can't bring myself to put more than clear on his fingers! A lot of my ideas for our activities this month have come from Pinterest. I'm so glad other people scour the web for such cute things. Pathetic is the only way to describe my Pinterest board, but it's great to see what other people have pinned. This idea for nail polish looked so cute, but was so hard for me. Julie may remember how she would never let me do her nails because I just stink at it. My girls are finally getting old enough that they are realizing that I'm pretty sloppy with the polish. How on earth are you supposed to get straight lines for the different colors? By the time I got to my toes, I realized a solid color is just about the best I can hope for! Oh well, it was a great idea and a fun activity to do between conference sessions. (Loved General Conference this weekend, by the way! What a fabulous weekend!)


 See Nikki's shiner? She fell down the stairs yesterday. All the way down. She has quite a few bruises. For a girl who is so great at gymnastics it amazes me how clumsy she is!


October 3: Haunted gingerbread houses!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun Susan! Halloween is my least favorite holiday, but my goodness, with all the fun stuff I see around me, I certainly feel like a big party pooper! I do love dressing up though, that is super fun! Is your ward doing anything for Halloween?

Kellee said...

I love those cracker-candy houses :) You always do the funnest stuff for Halloween.

Kellee said...

OK. I admit it. The first time, I just scanned at the pics and didn't read much (was in a hurry). So...

Tell Nikki, so glad she's okay after tumbling down the stairs. She and I must've gotten the same clumsy gene from somewhere. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who ever painted her son's toenails :)

And I really enjoyed Conference too! I took some good notes for myself on what I needed to improve on and it's been a great week already. I feel uplifted and inspired again!

Susan said...

I have always felt the same way about Halloween, Erin. I hate being scared, so it surprised me last year when my kids said it was their favorite holiday! It's my fault since we make such a big deal out of it, so I'm learning to have fun with it. :) We are having a ward party, but all of the auxillary presidencies are in the process of being reorganized, so we'll what actually gets planned!