Sunday, September 08, 2013

Help when it's needed

Nate was visiting another congregation this morning to fulfill the responsibilities of his calling, so I had all the kids at church by myself. I have such wonderful children, and I am so grateful they are the ones sitting on my pew every Sunday. How could I do it with any other children? The Lord just knows how to make everything work out just right. Anyway, after church we had choir practice, and I had to stay since I play the piano for our choir. But Natalie doesn't really like to sleep anywhere except for her crib. She fell asleep in my arms in Sunday School for a while, but by the time church was over she was done. Hannah is singing in the choir now, so that left Nikki trying to watch Natalie. Natalie would have been okay if Nikki could have walked around with her until she fell asleep, but the baby is just a little too big for Nikki to hold her comfortably for that long. Thankfully, there was a sweet lady who was waiting while her daughter was singing who went over and held Natalie for Nikki. I so appreciated her helping when I couldn't. Then, the next time I looked up Nate was standing in the back of the chapel holding Natalie and gathering Ryan and Nikki and all of our stuff to take them home. I was so thankful he came to church to pick them up instead of just going home. He didn't have to do that. In fact, I'm sure it would have been easier for him not to. He still had to pack for a business trip he needed to leave for in a couple of hours. I'm grateful for a husband who serves the Lord and serves his family.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That is precious! What a wonderful way to look for the positive in those little moments, even the tough ones. You are awesome! :)