Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Dancing queen

Nikki had so much fun today. She got to go to dance class with her cousin Lexi. Yesterday when I told her she would get to go, her eyes got really big, she covered her mouth with her hands, and she said, "Oh, oh, YEA!!" It was so cute. Then this morning I could hardly get her dressed because she was jumping up and down and dancing all around. Needless to say, when I packed her in Lexi's van, she barely looked back at me. The report I got was that the teacher was surprised at how well she followed along, and she wasn't afraid to participate. That's not surprising to me because she dances around all day long. Occasionally she'll strike a pose and say, "Look, my dance class move." Plus, she is the world's best copycat. She wants to be like Hannah so much, and Hannah frequently asks, "Mom, why does Nikki copy me all the time?" Then, after we got home, she spilled some lunch on her leotard (there was no way to convince her to take it off to eat) and wanted to change clothes. What did she pick out to wear? Her other leotard!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

that's too cute! sounds like she has a knack for dance! does she take lessons?

the copying thing happens at our house too. my favorite was when elise was sick one time. she threw up in a bucket and as soon as she was finished, ian went over & pretended to throw up just like she had. it was so funny! a little scary, but funny.

Susan said...

she doesn't take lessons yet. I keep telling her that next year she can start, and she is so excited. I don't know how I'm going to get her to be patient now that she has actually been once!