Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Fair

I can't believe I left the camera in the car when we went to the fair last night. I had even turned around and gone back home to get it. I so wish I could have pictures of the girls faces. They loved every part of it. Hannah could have eaten the whole bag of cotton candy by herself if Nate hadn't been there to help her. Nikki and I like it, but it seems like such a waste of a treat to me because it dissolves so fast in your mouth (or on Hannah's fingers). Hannah was a little nervous on the Ferris wheel, and it was so cute when Nikki leaned over, patted her arm, and said, "It's okay Hannah. You don't have to be scared." Actually, Hannah was nervous on several of the rides -- especially the merry-go-round! I couldn't help but laugh at that. She was holding onto the horse for dear life with this look of terror on her face. Nate was even standing right beside her with his hand on her back. There was also a little dragon rollercoaster that was a lot of fun. I rode with Nikki who laughed the whole time, and Nate rode right behind us with Hannah who screamed the whole time. I think everyone's favorite, though, was the funslide. We slid down it on burlap sacks, and it was really fast and high. Not to mention that there was hardly ever a wait to get on. Nate was too long to fit his legs on the sack, so the first couple of times his shoes slowed him down and we could beat him. But then he found a way to get his feet on the sack, and he outslid us all. What a fun family night! I'm so glad we went -- next year I'll have to hang the camera around my neck!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

doesn't that make you sick? i'm sure you took lots of mental pictures, though.

we're going to the state fair sometime this month. we love it and are all looking forward to it. i'm even more excited after reading your post. the fair is just so fun!