Thursday, October 19, 2006

Nate's confession

Nate has a deadline coming up on a project on which he still has a lot of work left to do, so last night he brought his laptop home to get some extra work done. But his computer kept crashing on him and taking forever to process anything he wanted to do, so he was getting really frustrated. I was in the other room and I heard him muttering under his breath, "This stinkin' computer. It's a piece of junk. I can't stand it," etc., etc., etc. A little while later he walked by me, and I laughingly told him that I was glad he wasn't a violent man or prone to profanity. He kind of hung his head and got this sheepish look on his face, and he said, "Well, I did throw my socks." I died laughing. How did I get so lucky to find such a sweet man?

2 comments:

Kristen said...

that is the sweetest thing ever. i'm constantly amazed that i had the wherewithall to snag cory while i had the chance. if only everyone could be so lucky.

Susan said...

Amen. And, Kristen, I always love how you say the nicest things about Cory when you're talking about him. It's so refreshing to hear someone giving compliments about their spouse rather than complaints. Thanks for being such a great example of what loyalty means.