Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Busy Day

Maybe yesterday wasn't filled with lots of great accomplishments, but there were many small ones. I did 5 loads of laundry, folding each of them right when they were finished drying. My visiting teachers came to visit me for about 45 minutes. I did the dishes, and since the sink was full that was indeed an accomplishment. I cleaned out two closets, and cleaned up two piles of papers that had accumulated by the filing cabinet. I cleaned our bedroom, which is always the last room of the house that I touch since I can just close the door and no one goes in there. I cleaned the laundry room. I pulled some weeds outside. I swept out half of the garage (the other half I was too afraid to touch because it had way too many spider webs). Then I grilled some steaks which were very good and made mashed potatoes. I watched JW & Alli's 4 kids so they could go out for the evening. Nate got home late from work, so when he walked in it was time to get the kids pj's on. Then I took the Bass kids to their house to put to bed. I'm so glad Alli has them trained really well because I think putting 4 kids to bed, ranging in age from 6 years to 7 months, could be quite a challenge, but they knew the routine and did very well. They are really cute kids. To top the day off, Nate called me a little while after I had the kids in bed and said he was taking Nikki to the ER. Her arm had been pulled out of the socket at her elbow again. So, he brought Hannah over to me and took Nikki in. The doctor showed him how he fixed it, but hopefully that won't happen again. It's the third time her poor little arm has been dislocated.

We have a Winnie the Pooh book that says, "Doing nothing is much more fun after a busy day of doing something." I think that might be right.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

wow! when are you coming to my house. this week has been so crazy with RS stuff that my house has gone to pot. i'm hoping to reclaim it soon! i have a presidency meeting here tomorrow. it would be nice to have a little done by then....

poor nikki. that sounds horrible for you guys and her. so does nate think he could do it, if it happened again?

i love your quote at the end. my thoughts exactly!

Susan said...

Nate said he thinks we should just keep our house up for sale at all times so I'll always keep it clean.

Good luck with your new calling. That's amazing, and I don't think you should worry about a little laundry that doesn't get done when I'm sure there are a hundred other things that you are doing.