Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Chicken Enchilada Ring

While I'm on a recipe kick, I'll post this one, too. It's a Pampered Chef recipe, and a friend of mine gave me a tablespoon of the southwest seasoning when she gave me the recipe. Next time I think I'll just substitute taco seasoning and chili powder or something like that. If any of you chefs know what would make a good combination please let me know. I made it last night, and Nate loved it. It was really good and easy, too.

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/4 c. chopped pitted ripe black olives (of course I left this out!)
1 c. shredded cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese
1 can chopped green chilies
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Southwestern Seasoning
2 plum tomatoes
1 tsp. lime juice
2/3 c. crushed corn tortilla chips
2 pkgs refrig. crescent rolls
salsa
sour cream

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine chicken, olives, cheese, chilies, mayo, & seasoning.
3. Seed & chop tomatoes; add. Then add lime juice.
4. Add crushed chips except for 2 Tbls.
5. Unroll crescent dough and place triangles on a round pan/stone, forming a ring with pointed ends facing outer edge of pan and wide ends overlapping. Lightly press wide ends together.
6. Spoon chicken mix over wide end of rolls. Fold points over filling and tuck under wide ends (filling will be visible). Sprinkle reserved chips over the top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and salsa.

No comments: