Wednesday, May 02, 2007

After reading Kellee's most recent blog posts about Mom & Dad and Grandma & Granddaddy, I really feel so grateful to be a part of my family. However, before I even read what she wrote I was missing Mom this morning. Nikki is sick. She threw up all over the carpet right by the entryway in the living room -- that'll be a great selling point for our house. She can't even keep a couple of sips of water down. While she was throwing up, my heart just broke for her. I remembered how sweet Mom always was when I was sick. She would hold my hair for me and rub my back, and that was so comforting. I remember when I stayed home from school sick and Dad was trying to take care of me, I would always make him call Mom at work before I would eat any soup or drink any Sprite he tried to give me. I feel bad about that now. That really wasn't very nice, but sometimes you just need your mom. Sometimes I still do. I think she would just love our girls, and I would love to see her interact with them. It's interesting to think how different life would be if my parents were still here, but I know the Lord knows what is best for all of us. So, until I see them again, I will cherish the memories I have of them and try to live my life as close to the Lord as I can. I want my parents to be able to look at my life and be proud of me.

2 comments:

Kellee said...

In the second grade, I used to fake being sick A LOT just so I could go to Grandma and Granddaddy's house for the day on Hayes. It was great! I remember mom being very comforting when I was sick too. I try to do the same for my kids.

Susan said...

Maybe that's why Mom never believed me when I tried to fake being sick. I tried it a lot, too. It's hard being the youngest sometimes. =) Well, I don't believe Hannah either when she tells me she's sick because her finger hurts! No Hollywood actors in this family!

I used to love it when Grandma and Granddaddy babysat me, too. I remember Grandma eating peanut butter on Ritz crackers for lunch and watching Donahue.