Monday, May 28, 2007

Recent happenings

We have had a lot going on lately and the batteries in my camera have been dead! Finally I bought some new rechargable batteries and since then have yet to remember to take the camera along with me.

I could have cried when the camera didn't work at the girls' dance recital. I'm still going to just have them dress up again so I can get their picture in their recital costumes. They did such a great job and keep asking me why they can't continue dancing through the summer. Nikki even taught her dance to her cousins this afternoon.

Last week Nikki's preschool had spirit week. Tuesday was pajama day, Wednesday was crazy hat day (Nikki wore a red cowgirl hat), and on Thursday they all played at the park. These are a couple of pictures Alli took that day.

Nikki and Lexi



Today was Memorial Day, and Mike and Sherrie invited us to come spend the day with them on their boat. It was so much fun. The girls loved riding in the tube, and we even convinced Nate to ride in it with me. He doesn't care for the water, so that was pretty big. I tried water skiing for the first time ever. I was so excited that I actually stood up! I never lasted long, but I was still happy that I could do it even a little bit. It was really hard to keep my balance once I got up. It will be fun to go and try again sometime. It was a perfect day to be out on the lake, and we all came home exhausted. A great day!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Sounds like lots of fun!!!!

Myranda said to tell you "hello".

Kellee said...

Myranda, as in Myranda Rood? Susan, if you can reach Myranda, have her e-mail me. I would love to chat with her. Thanks.

Susan said...

Yes, that's the same Myranda. She and Kristen married brothers. Small world, huh?

Kristen, tell Myranda "hello" back from me. Would you mind giving her my sister's email address? I'll email it to you.

Kristen said...

I passed along all the necessary information!! I know Myranda would love catching up, too. =)