Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Bedtime

The girls have had a hard time getting to sleep for the past couple of nights, maybe because it is still so light outside at bedtime. As frustrating as that is, Nikki has just cracked us up. One night this week, the girls were jumping around in their bed making all kinds of noise. As we were debating how long to let it go before interfering, they came out to tell on each other. Hannah said Nikki had put her feet on her side of the bed, and then Nikki said, "But Hannah ... Hannah ... well, Hannah almost hurt me."

Then last night after bedtime we heard Hannah have a really big sneeze. Next thing we know she comes darting out of her room running for some tissue in the bathroom. Then Nikki comes walking out trying to copy her, but it was a terrible fake. "Shoo. Shoo. I need to blow my nose." Nate and I couldn't help but laugh at her.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Doesn't that remind you of us sleeping together all those years? Remember we even once taped the room in half? Didn't work.

Susan said...

Nate and I have problems with the covers, so I guess all that time when I thought you were stealing them from me it was probably my fault after all. I remember taping the room. That's funny that we did that.

Anonymous said...

Susan, I know what you mean about getting kids to bed when it is still light outside. Amelia says the same thing Michael did when he was little. I had to make a deal with him that he could either have a set bed time all year or we could go with the sun. The problem here in England is it stays light out till about 1030PM during the summer but in the winter it is dark by about 4PM. He decided going to bed right after school was probably not a good idea. So the set bedtime won.. Amelia has not been so easy to convince yet.. She a lot like me.. Wants to stay up all night and sleep all day. Of course for me years of working night shift work doesn't help. Hope everyone is well and hope to see y'all again soon! Dave Bass

Susan said...

Dave, it's so good to hear from you! I feel like we're always making deals with our kids, too. It seems like my mom just laid down the law and that was that. Maybe kids these days are just smarter than I was! We're doing great and hope you are too. Be sure to let us know when you make it back for a visit again.