Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thankful

Okay, I should be researching for my last paper of my current class, but I'm using my blog to procrastinate instead. I don't really know what topic I want to research, and it's killing me. So, while I've been thinking about everything else but parenting topics, I've come up with a list of things I'm thankful for. Maybe Thanksgiving was last week, but I can still be grateful now, too.

1. the gospel of Jesus Christ, the atonement, my testimony, Heavenly Father -- I'll put all of these things into one category because without these spiritual blessings I wouldn't have any joy in my life. Any happiness or pleasure I experienced would only be temporary, but the gospel provides a way for eternal joy.

2. family -- my husband, children, parents, siblings, in-laws, grandparents, the Littles, uncles/aunts/cousins -- I have been surrounded by wonderful people my entire life.

3. air conditioning/heating units -- I love being able to wake up in the morning and with a flick of my finger the heat can turn on. I remember the days of waiting my turn to get dressed beside the wood stove in the morning. How wonderful to not have to make a fire to get warm!

4. sensors in public restrooms -- Going to the bathroom in the airport was wonderful because I didn't have to touch anything anybody else had touched except for the lock on the stall door. Toilets flush, soap is dispensed, water comes on and off, and even the towels are dispensed automatically! I hope the companies producing those products are very successful!!!

5. literacy -- I can't imagine what life would be like if I did not know how to read.

6. music -- playing the piano is such a stress reliever for me. If I couldn't express my feelings on the piano, I think I would have eaten my way to about 300 lbs by now.

7. the internet -- what a wealth of knowledge that is right at my fingertips. And it has also provided a way for me to keep in touch with my family more. Of course there is the beauty of email, and I love Kellee's blog because she is so far away, but I still get to see a little of what her family is doing. I've only seen my friend Kristen a few times, but I feel like I know her because I get to read her blog.

But okay, so the internet can be a source of trouble, too, as I am proving by not using my time the way I should right now. I'm off to decide what parenting question I want to investigate!

2 comments:

Kellee said...

That's a great list. I really enjoyed seeing you last weekend. Sorry I got really tired Saturday afternoon. I went home and took an hour nap.

I have counted it as one of my blessings that day to get to spend time with you. I hope I didn't talk you to death.

Susan said...

I had so much fun visiting with you. We've been tired ever since we got home. But then, it's usual for me to need a nap.=)