Saturday, November 10, 2007

Tonight we were on the way home from the cousins' house, and Nikki was exhausted. She was crying and whining about being hungry and thirsty (she had eaten plenty of food and had plenty to drink). Oh, first I should mention that when it was time for everyone to clean up before we left, Nikki conveniently made her way into the kitchen asking for a drink. I purposefully poured her just a tiny amount because I knew she was trying to get out of cleaning up, and she then tried to take the tiniest, slowest sips possible. Clever kid. So anyway, when we weren't responding to her crying in the car she came up with another tactic. All of a sudden she got really quiet and then started making these choking noises. We looked back to see if she was okay and she croaked out, "I'm so thirsty I can't breathe." Ha! If only we could channel this creativity into a positive outlet.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Ha! Tell me about it. Ian wrote all over a white half-brick wall in our kitchen with a black permanent marker last week. What in the world was he thinking?

Susan said...

Wow. I think Ian is probably a little more creative than Nikki. =) Were you able to clean it off, or do you now have a nice mural on the wall?

Kristen said...

Oh its a nice mural. He got it good. Looks like we'll be breaking out the paint soon. :) Yesterday my sister-in-law was telling me about her girls. One of them wrote all over her face with a green marker (literally covered it, eyelids and all) because she was being a witch. :) Her sister helped by writing "witch" on her forehead, only she spelled it "which". I thought I would die laughing. Made me thankful for the wall. :)