Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympics

We're enjoying watching the Olympics. I saw a game of men's volleyball on today and remembered that four years ago I watched a game of men's volleyball in the hospital while waiting for Nate to get there before I had Ryan. It's hard to believe that was four years ago.

Last night Nate brought home some Twinkies for our family night treat while we watched some Olympics. Hannah asked what Twinkies were. What?! We couldn't believe she had never had a Twinkie. I guess maybe we have been doing something right in our parenting ... until last night anyway.

We were watching men's synchronized diving, and Nikki looked at the guys in their Speedos and said, "Yuck!" We got a good laugh out of that, and then I laughed even harder when a little while later she said, "Why can't they just wear a shirt!"

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Ha! Let's just hope she keeps that opinion when she's 13 :)

That's one of the few things I've really missed about not having TV. I've missed out on all the Olympics since 2006. It's not the same watching highlights online.

Kristen said...

Nikki's comment made me laugh.

We are loving the olympics too! :)

JW and Alli said...

For FHE we went to JW's office and watched the Olympics - my kids did't like the men's diving swimsuits either! I loved the womens beach volleyball outfits though!

Kim said...

We're in the same boat of having to watch highlights online. Not the same. We really miss out on the Olympics.

I'm wondering if my kids have ever had Twinkies. That's sad, but probably good!