Monday, April 24, 2006

a college drop-out no more

This morning I took my first final exam in almost six years! I can't believe I have been out of school for that long. I was pretty nervous about taking the test, but I really shouldn't have been. It was just true/false and multiple choice questions. I've always been pretty good at those kind of tests. Now, essays would have been a different story. I was really glad they broke me in easily. I had to go to the ECU testing center, which is almost an hour away, since that was the nearest approved testing center. My mom and dad went to ECU, so I thought it was kind of neat to be taking a test on the same campus where my parents had taken their own finals years ago. I can have such sentimental thoughts about the silliest things sometimes. Anyway, it feels really good not to be a drop-out anymore. This first class was just a 1.0 credit hour introductory course to independent study classes. It was interesting material, but the best part of it was getting back into the school mindset. I had forgotten that school was hard, but that only makes the accomplishment of completing the class feel even better. I'm really looking forward to my next classes.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

way to go! i love school. its hard, but i think i would enjoy being a professional student if i didn't have anything else to do. =) what do you do next as far as classes are concerned?

Susan said...

My next class is going to be a parenting class. My emphasis is Family Life, so this is one of my major requirements. Needless to say, it will be very useful! And then I have a history class to take after that. I also want to start an organ class soon, but I'll have to find an organ teacher to take lessons from first.

I started to finally love going to school just a couple of semesters before I had Hannah, and it's really sad to think of all the extra that I could have learned back then if I had just put my mind to it. It certainly means more to me now than it used to.