Saturday, April 29, 2006

Thanks Nate

What a day we had yesterday! Yes, this probably will sound like a PLUM (poor little ole me) party, but anybody that knows me knows that I love to complain, so oh well. It all started when I woke up and Nikki had not only peed on our bed but all over me as well. Nice, since I don't like mornings to start with. Then, I think the best word to describe her attitude all day long would be "contrary." Whatever I suggested she do, she had to do the complete opposite. We had three different kinds of cereal and two kinds of oatmeal to choose from for breakfast, but ALL she wanted was the kind of cereal we ran out of the day before. Then, I had to call around to make an emergency eye appointment since Nikki broke my glasses the night before diving off of a chair onto me. I left her at Nate's office while I went to my appointment because by that time I was sure she would demolish the doctor's office if I asked her to sit in a chair and be quiet. I also thought it might help Nate gain a little sympathy for what I was going through, but of course she was an angel for him. The price of new glasses and contacts left me thinking that laser eye surgery might not just be nice but a very practical investment. Then there was a mountain of laundry to be washed and the grass to be mowed with our only half-way functioning lawn mower. Good grief. I guess Nate must have noticed my mood because he put the girls to bed and then got out the fondue set. Oh, how I love chocolate. It was abolutely wonderful and exactly what I needed. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i laughed out loud when you said you love to complain. cory lovingly calls me "doom & gloom." =)

it really does sound like a rough day. i, too, have been awakened by pee. not a great way to start the day. its gross & it means all the bed linens have to be washed. and don't we all just LOVE more laundry?

nate sounds wonderful. chocolate will solve a mountain of troubles! often, when i get stressed out or overwhelmed, cory will tell me to go soak in the tub and read a book & he will clean up the house. wonderful!