Sunday, August 05, 2007

Hike to Linville Falls

Here we are ready to begin our hike up to the waterfalls. It was such a beautiful trail.

Here is our fearless leader trying to figure out which way to go when we came to a fork in the road. Since I haven't quite overcome all of my control freak tendencies, after about fifty feet I stopped and suggested we should have gone the other way. Lucky for me, I was right. If we had continued the other way we would have found ourselves on a strenuous 7-mile trail. It turned out that we somehow had taken another wrong turn earlier. We ended up back at the visitor's center without ever seeing the water. So, we started out again, but Nikki got a little tuckered out before it was over.

At last, we finally made it to the falls. I was worried that these waterfalls would be a bit of a diappointment after just visiting Niagra Falls just a few weeks ago, but this was really beautiful, too. How can you be disappointed in God's artwork? The weather was perfect, and the girls were troopers on the hike, even with our detour. =)

No comments: