Monday, August 13, 2007

Lots of Happenings

Well, it seems like we have been so busy for the past little while. Here's a little of what we've been up to.

I just got called to be the choir director at church. Our last choir director just got married and moved, and I knew my name would be considered as a replacement because I can't keep my mouth shut during choir practice. This is so out of my comfort zone, but I'm not dreading it anymore. I think it can actually be fun. Yesterday was the first practice that I have conducted, and there were only 3 men and 3 women who showed up! No tenors came at all (hurry home JW), but I was encouraged by how the basses did. They seem to always be the weakest section in this ward, but they were actually singing their part yesterday. So maybe if people will actually come to choir, it won't be so bad.

We did some furniture rearranging the other day, and the girls loved it. Hannah thought we were moving, and she told me she was surprised at how good I was at working. I moved a pretty tall bookshelf into a different room all by myself while Nate was out doing errands, and she was so impressed. Her reaction just made me laugh. I do really like our new arrangements -- now if only we could find someone to even come look at our house.

Our cousins Lydia and Eliza came to play one day last week, and that was so much fun. We got out the slip-n-slide, but I think the girls wanted to sit under the beach umbrella with their feet in a bucket of water, like Sherrie and I were doing, more than they wanted to slide. We are so blessed to have such great family close by.

I think Nikki's highlight last week was getting a new lunchbox for preschool. It's a My Little Pony one, and she gets it out to show any company that comes over. She will also probably wear out her new shoes before school even starts. She thinks she is so grown.

On Friday, Nate took the day off of work and we tried out a waterpark in Kinston. It wasn't that great. It would be a lot of fun if our girls were a few years older and able to go on the bigger water slides, but they just swam in the swimming pools and we don't have to go all the way to Kinston for that. It was a great day together as a family, though. I think I love Nate's job more than he does. He is home so much more now, and I love that he isn't working evenings or weekends or traveling, and he is so much more relaxed. He never would have been able to take off two Fridays in a row at his last job just to play with us.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

All of those busy things sound like fun! If you need ideas on choir music, call me. We struggle with participation in our choir too, but we always end up having a fantastic turn out when it counts and perform well for the Lord. I've found a few things that have worked well for us.

Susan said...

I'll definitely need any tips you can give. I'll call you.

Kristen said...

You'll do great with choir!!! I'm so excited for you. Your ward is lucky to have you!