Thursday, January 17, 2008

Business Schmusiness -- Come Home Nate!

Nate's out of town this week. This is his first business trip since he started this job last March, and I wasn't sure I would make it this week. I honestly can't remember a night in the past couple of months where I have done all the dishes by myself. The night before he left he was so sweet. He cleaned out my car (which had spilled milk in the trunk), went to the grocery store, of course he did the dishes, and I can't even remember what else he did on top of packing his suitcase. But he was running circles around me all night.

Things have gone more smoothly than I thought, but there have been a couple of issues. Yesterday, as we were getting in the car to head to dance class, I couldn't get the car started. My battery was dead, and this is the second time it has happened in the last little while. So Joe Brown, who is in our bishopric at church and is just the nicest man, came and looked at it, went and bought me a new battery, and came back and installed it for me. I was so grateful for his service. He turned a headache into such a simple thing for me.

Then, when the girls came in yesterday from playing outside for a while, Hannah was about to go crazy with something in her shirt making her itch. I went over to check it out, and there was an ant crawling all over her. I think I've posted a picture before of what ant bites do to my girls. They don't just get a normal bite. They get huge welts that swell up terribly. We've never had more than two or three on their feet and ankles, but those were bad enough one time to require a shot to stop the swelling from turning an ankle purple. Anyway, she ended up with 4 bites on her torso, and I just didn't know what that was going to do to her. So, I lathered her up with hydrocortizone cream and immediately gave her a dose of Benedryl. And she has been fine. The bites have gone down to a normal size already. It's pretty amazing to me, and I am so thankful that she is okay.

Well, Nate comes home tomorrow night, and I hope the rest of the time goes by uneventfully. We sure miss him.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I know what you mean. Cory hasn't traveled in a really long time and I don't know how we'd do it either. It seems like we always have some kind of drama with something--once our washing machine stopped working with a full load of laundry in in and full to the brim with water. My dad stepped in and saved the day on that one. It always seems to happen when cory's gone. :) Glad he's coming back soon. I know you'll all be glad.

Susan said...

I bet that was a pain! Thank goodness for extended family. Nate got home earlier than he expected last night, and we are all so happy to have him home!