Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ugh

I had a message on the answering machine this morning to call the dermatologist about my pathology results from my last visit. Not a good sign because they only call if there is a problem. So, the news is that I have to go back AGAIN for ANOTHER dermal shave. Once again, she said I have some atypical cells around this mole on my back. However, this time she said this "does not necessarily mean it is cancerous." Last time I think I heard that it did not mean cancer. Where did the not necessarily come from? I wanted to check and make sure she wasn't looking at the first results rather than the second, but she confirmed that even the second sample still had these atypical cells around the edges. I can't really blame the doctor for not getting a big enough area. He was working on a patient who was about to fall on the floor. But this means that I HAVE TO GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN!!! Oh, I'm devastated. And how silly is that? It's a simple 5 minute procedure that I can't even feel. I think I'm going to need someone to go with me. I know I'm going to pass out again. I may pass out just thinking about it. I told her I was pregnant hoping that I could get out of it, but she said that's okay this is just a topical procedure, nothing systemic. And I thought nothing could be worse than smelling the kitty litter in the garage right now.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Bless your heart. Sounds like we both might need some chocolate. :) Wish you were here and we'd eat it together. I'm sure everything is fine--they're just being cautious. Take Nate with you. He's your knight in shining armor. He can sweep you off your feet--or off the dermatologist's floor, as the case may be. GOOD LUCK!!!

Kellee said...

No!! Don't take Nate! He'll pass out too!:) Good luck.

Susan said...

HaHa!! I actually had to give some blood (a lot of blood) today for prenatal testing and I didn't pass out at all!!! So that helped my confidence a little bit. I told the lady beforehand that I faint easily so she made me call Alli to come pick me up before she would even draw my blood. So, I'll have to think about what I'm going to do that day.

JW and Alli said...

You can have me come and pick you up from the dermatologist. :) Wouldn't be a problem.