Saturday, January 05, 2008

Maybe I should keep some smelling salts with me

I am so grateful that I have been blessed with good health. I think the Lord knows that prolonged illness would be one trial that would put me over the edge. I went to the dermatologist last week to have a mole removed from my back that had a few atypical cells in it. No big deal whatsoever -- at least it shouldn't have been. I usually pass out when I see needles, but I couldn't see what he was doing on my back, so I thought I would be fine. I made it through the numbing part, and then he came back in the room a few minutes later to do the procedure. I wonder if it was his description of a "deep dermal shave" that to got me. All I know is that as soon as he put his hand on my back I only had enough time to say, "I think I'm going to pass out." The next thing I knew, I didn't know where I was and they were finished with the procedure. Oh, I hate that. Waking up after fainting feels so awful. I'm glad I never went to school for something in the medical field. What a waste of money that would have been. I think Jane Austen would say that I have a "weak constitution." Anyway, I'm better and thankfully I don't have to go back.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Jane might have called it a weak constitution, but I also suspect she might have thought it quite romantic. :)