Friday, January 04, 2008

It has been nice settling back into a routine this week, but we had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Last weekend we got to visit with Aunt Ruth and Casey, and I so wish we lived closer to them. It is so fun to visit Aunt Ruth's house. And then we went to visit Nell, and I feel the same about going to their house. It's always so good to visit with them.

On New Year's Day we took the girls bowling and had the best time. Once again, I should have taken my camera! Hannah and Nikki were so cute. Nikki and I tied with the same score! But Nate said my score really didn't count because I did rely on the bumpers a few times. Oh well.

In other news, the cat is spending her first day outside today. Actually, she's in the garage because we need to take her to get fixed before she can roam free. It's such a cruel thing to do to her because she is such a social little thing. She just always wants to be curled up somewhere close to where we are. But I couldn't handle the white cat hair on my black couches and the smell of the litter box. Before we got her, we were afraid that Nate's allergies might force us to put her outside, but I'm actually the one she was bothering! I certainly didn't think that one through as well as I should have. Luckily, the girls weren't upset about putting her outside. They don't care where they have to go to play with her, and they are probably glad that I'm not going to have to pull the vacuum out every day!

No comments: