Saturday, February 23, 2008

A couple of things

Have I mentioned lately that my husband is an angel? He was cleaning the bathroom earlier today and I walked by and saw him taking a break to paint Nikki's fingernails. The whole time he was talking about how he wasn't very good at this because he is a boy, boys don't usually do fingernail polish, it might be a while before he tried to do this again, etc. It was so funny and so cute. I'm so thankful that my husband will not only clean the bathroom but also paint our daughter's fingernails.

We took our house off the market last month and have just been doing a little for sale by owner. We wanted to give it a little break from the MLS since it had been listed for almost a year, and we also had to figure out what realtor to go with next time. Such a frustrating decision. It has been so nice to be able to walk out the front door without making sure everything was clean in case someone came to look at the house. Especially since I was feeling so crappy for the past couple of months. Anyway, we have decided to go with the realtor who sold us this house, which we should have done in the first place. I gave him a call today, and he's going to come by Monday morning. I'm excited to get things moving, but my goodness I'm going to have to start doing the breakfast dishes right after breakfast again. Yes, feel free to join my pity party with me. =) I'm feeling so much better now that it really needs to go ahead and sell before I get too big to move around and pack. So, we'll see what happens.

When will my kids realize that I'm really not that bad of a cook? Whenever I tell Nikki what I'm cooking for supper, she usually says she wants cereal instead. Tonight was no different, and even Hannah was complaining about having to eat steak. Steak! Come on! So I did take a little pity on them and also added mac and cheese to the menu (I'll admit that the fact that it's a lot less work to cook than mashed potatoes had a lot to do with that decision). When Hannah took her first bite of steak, her eyes popped wide open and she said, "Mmm!" like she was so surprised. Nikki was a little harder to convince. She took a bite, said it was okay, but she didn't want anymore. Next thing we know, she is so proud of herself for clearing her entire plate. So supper actually turned out really well tonight, but I'm sure tomorrow will still bring more requests for cheerios.

Nikki still doesn't care too much for boys. She is so sure we couldn't possibly get a baby boy. Whenever we ask her what we should name the baby, she says Rebekah. She can't think of anything for a boy. Since she has been so against boys, the other day I said very seriously to her that we just might have a boy. She said, "Well, we'll just have to learn him good things."

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I really do feel your pain. I can't imagine having my house constantly on "ready". I'm sure I would fail and fail miserably. :) I hope it sells soon. I run into the cooking thing more times than I can count. It's amazing what they consider "good" sometimes. You may remember my story about Ian finding a who knows how old chicken nugget down in his booster seat and eating it, but the yummy things I make for him? Forget it!!! I'm glad they ventured out and tried the steak. Imagine what they'd have been missing. :)

Kellee said...

Nate is really a great husband and father!! Think about this...the absolute BEST move we ever did was when I was 8 months pregnant with Savannah! I wasn't allowed to move a single box! I packed them and then left them where they lay and everyone else lifted. It was great!!