Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rough boys on the playground

I took the girls to the playground today, and there were these two little boys playing on the slide. Their mothers were chatting on the other side of the slides, so they couldn't see exactly what they were doing. The first little boy started climbing up the slide and the second wanted him to do something else, so the second little boy starts pounding away on the first kid to get him to listen to him (not just pushing, but hitting and punching). When the first boy pushed him back, the second one said, "That's it. I'm telling your mom!" Of course, the first kid wasn't happy about that and started yelling really loudly, "I didn't do it!!" So, I hear the second kid, the one who was really doing the hitting, go up to the mothers and say, "He was pushing me and isn't playing nice." Of course with the other guy screaming his innocence he made himself sound completely guilty, and he had to sit in time out. He was furious and fussed and yelled and what a scene! I just had to think, would Heavenly Father really send me a boy? I don't know if I have what it takes for that.

Then we have our two girls tonight playing the princess and the monkey together, pretending that graham crackers were the monkey's bananas that she was sharing with the princess. They get along so well together and their play is so mild. They are sweethearts and I am very thankful to have them.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

So typical boy stuff. :) They are so different. But even if you have a boy, your girls will mellow him out a little. I think the big trouble is when you have more than one boy. :) Ian has for sure destroyed more things of mine than I can count, but he is the sweetest, snuggliest little guy ever. I think its my compensation for the destruction. :) I'm sure you'll do fine with whatever, though. You're such a good mom. Your kids are lucky to have you.

JW and Alli said...

I was scared, too! And it wasn't until I was about 8 months pregnant with Jay (and remember I didn't know if I was having a boy or girl) that I realized - I really wanted a boy! I surprised myself wanting one. He has been a whole new ball game but it is a wonderful new game if you get to try it. I know you fell for him, so I'm sure if you had a boy you'd enjoy him just as much as the girls - just in a different way. Oh, you could have the alternative, you could get a BRENNA!! :)

Susan said...

I love hearing about Ian's antics. I think Nikki can be the same way in that she is really sweet and cuddly which makes up a lot for her stubbornness. I guess we all have some redeeming quality about us.

And Alli, you're right -- Jay did steal my heart. He is absolutely adorable and I'm glad he's not a girl. But Brenna stole everyone's hearts too when she was a baby, and even if she is getting into everything now she is still precious. You can't help but want to hug her when you see her. That's the fun part of being an aunt, I don't have to deal with her when she's in trouble. =)