Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2nd Grade & My babies

Hannah started 2nd grade yesterday. My sister, Kellee, homeschools her kids and they took really fun first day of school pictures. This picture is a normal one, but it is great just because you can see how excited Hannah was to go to school. She had a great day even though we missed her a lot -- especially Nikki, since her first day is on Thursday. Our kindergarten does a staggered entry and she has to wait all week. Thank goodness Dad is here to entertain her!

It's hard to believe Nikki isn't our baby anymore! Ryan is doing great, and I can't count how many times I have thought how glad I am that this isn't my first baby. He looks a lot like Hannah did as a newborn, and he is just as sleepy as she was so it reminds me a lot of how hard it was for me with her. But I think I've learned a little something between then and now, and I have so enjoyed this first week with him. I think the biggest difference is that I know how true it is that "this too shall pass" -- all the hard stuff and all the wonderful things of having such a little one. He is so sweet. I just can't help but kiss him.

4 comments:

JW and Alli said...

Its so great to hear that you are truly enjoying him. Experience sure can make a difference, huh?! :)

Kellee said...

I wish I could be there to help you take a nap and enjoy cuddling with him for a few hours! I remember thinking when Karoline and Chris were babies that I would never have a full night's sleep ever again in my life. It's so hard. I'm sure you're doing just great.

Kristen said...

I love the pictures!!! You guys just have the cutest family. I hope our adjustment to four goes as well as yours to three has. And I hope its soon. I'm going crazy. I went last week and the dr. said she's pretty big--on target to be at least 9 and a half pounds if I go full term. YIKES!!! Merry Grace was 8lbs 6oz and she was my biggest so far. I'm praying to go early. :)

We did the school thing this week too. I miss Elise like crazy, but its a good adjustment back to a routine and all that stuff. Ian could have gone this year, but he's so close to the deadline that we're giving him another year at home. I can't imagine when I send them both off!!! I'm sure Nikki will do great. I think the older kids set such a great example that the younger kids really anticipate it and look forward to it.

Hope you guys are having lots of fun playing and maybe even resting some too. :) Best of luck!!!

Kim said...

I wish I were there too to help snuggle the little guy! It's amazing how having such a tiny one can make your others look SO old!

My 1st day of school pics look more like Kellee's! In fact, I look like that right now! :)