Monday, August 04, 2008

All Good News

I had a really good doctor's appointment this morning. First, I have lost a pound in the last two weeks. That would be a good trend to keep up for the next few months. Then, I had to give blood and I didn't pass out! I think that's the third time in a row that I haven't passed out when faced with a needle. The doctor told me that the baby's head is down, and it's probable that this baby will be about the same size as the girls were -- somewhere in the low 7 lbs. And I won't go into intimate particulars on a public blog, but the best news of all is that all the contractions I have been feeling have been working! I suppose I could still have another 4 weeks before the baby comes, but I really don't think so. I think my contractions would just have to pretty much go away for that to happen, and so far today they are still lurking around. I'm probably jinxing myself for saying that. Anyway, it was a good visit, and I'll be sure to not complain about any contractions anymore! And a huge thanks to my babysitting service, Alli, for all the help you've given me and surely will still have to give in the coming weeks.

4 comments:

Kellee said...

Congrats!!! Are you down to a visit every week now? That always helps the last few weeks go by a little quicker. I'm glad you've had some progress made...it does help!

JW and Alli said...

I don't mind babysitting, and kids don't mind it either. I'm so excited to meet this new little boy!

Kristen said...

I'm so envious at the thought of you going early I can hardly contain myself. :) Just kidding! I'm really just as excited as can be and can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure he'll be adorable. Keep us posted on things! And GOOD LUCK!!!

Susan said...

Yes, I'm at 36 weeks, so I have an appointment every week now. That does help to make it feel like the end is coming. My girls love the days when I have doctor's appointments because they get to play with their cousins. Yesterday Nikki told me not to come back too quickly.

And Kristen, I hope you don't go too late! I've never had that happen and can't imagine what it would be like. Good luck to you too!