Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Ramblings

On Monday, when my OB doctor came in to see me, he looked at my birthmark above my mouth and said, "Did you fall?" It's a reddish-purple mark. He felt a little sheepish for pointing out a blemish on my face. Then yesterday I had a dentist appointment, and Mike looked at it and said, "Did Nate hit you?" At least he didn't assume it was my own clumsiness. He couldn't believe I've had it my whole life. I guess it's time to start wearing more make-up. I had to laugh at them because I remember one Sunday morning when I was little as I was getting ready for church it took me by surprise, too. I thought it was a grape jelly stain and scrubbed and scrubbed at it. I told my mom I couldn't get it off, and she got a good laugh at me.

I broke out What to Expect When You're Expecting this morning because I was just feeling weird. Out of the nine symptoms listed for preterm labor, I had about seven. I also had about 3 of the 5 symptoms of false labor, and none of the symptoms of real labor. It was good to know that I really do have some funky things going on -- I'm not just crazy, but this week really is too busy to have a baby anyway. It's okay that I'm not in real labor. After church Sunday would be a great time. It would be nice to be Alli and be able to schedule these things.

4 comments:

JW and Alli said...

You gave me a good chuckle! Hang in there. Its gotta be not too far off. I'm picking AFTER we play games Sunday evening or the 14th. 10 and 14 are nice pretty numbers. :)

Kellee said...

I remember the birth...I'm your witness that you nor Nate caused it :)

Luke was the only one of mine that started on his own without help. The 1st 3 were helped along with membranes stripped or water broken. It was really nice knowing I would be having a baby on Monday after my water was broken. Glad you have some good symptoms going on. If the baby does wait until after your games on Sunday, make sure you take a nap first :)

Hey Alli!!! Where's that picture you were going to sneak for me of Susan and her belly? Times running out! Pretty Please?!?!?!?!?!?!

JW and Alli said...

Kellee - my count is the same as yours, my first 3 were helped out with my water being broken and my last came on her own! How funny. BTW I will try and sneak that picture for you tomorrow! As time is running out, the sooner I get it the better.

Kristen said...

Yay for progress! :) I hope it keeps up. I know what you mean about the timing of everything. There really are times that it would be nice to plan things a little more. I hope this little boy is listening. :) Continued good luck!!!