Friday, August 15, 2008

Nesting?



Nope. I'm pretty sure the instinct doesn't exist in me. I would much rather curl up on the couch with a book, but today the house really needed a good cleaning. Besides, if it was nesting would I really let my girls do the work for me? This was the first time they've mopped and Hannah did the whole kitchen by herself. She thought it was hard work, but she did a great job.

It was really a good thing I decided to get it done today because once again, the realtor called about 30 minutes before lunch wanting to show the house. It was just a pain because I hadn't finished cleaning and had to rush to get the laundry put away and the vacuuming done while the girls made their bed and cleaned their room.
One spot I hadn't planned on cleaning today was under the refrigerator. However, when we got back home after the showing I heard running water. It was pouring out of the ice dispenser on the fridge. It's really a good thing we came home when we did because their was a ton of water coming out, but only a little bit had soaked into the carpet in the hallway. So it couldn't have been going for very long. I don't know what happened, but somehow the icemaker freaked out and I'm afraid to turn it back on to see what it does. So, under the fridge got a good mop-up, too. Chuck, you can come look under my fridge today!

5 comments:

Kellee said...

My first thought was...is it nesting if the girls are doing the work for you? :) That's funny.

Your house has always looked really clean from your pictures...oh wait, I forgot...you just throw it all in the hallway! Ha Ha!!

Susan said...

And under the bed, in the cabinets and drawers, dirty dishes in the oven, laundry stuffed in the washer ... I actually make more work for myself than if I would just clean it up!

Kellee said...

I hope you know I'm just teasing you! I tease that I now have 4 slaves instead of one (which was you), but we really do work together as a team most of the time. Unless I'm stuck in a good book...then the family fends for itself until I'm done :)

Kim said...

I'd like to borrow your little nesters!!

Kristen said...

I love it!!! I wish I could quit nesting. It's started earlier and its about to kill me. :)