Monday, August 11, 2008

Tammy


We had a really neat experience Saturday night. About a year ago Nate gave a Book of Mormon to a lady at work, and he went with the missionaries several times to visit with her and teach her. She was baptized on Saturday, and she asked Nate to perform the baptism. It was the first chance I've had to meet her, so I was excited to go. She was a really nice lady, and I think it is amazing that she has overcome so many challenges in the last year. She had the best attitude, even when talking about how hard it has been for her to find a new job lately. I also think it was really neat for Hannah and Nikki to see their dad perform a baptism. We are so blessed to have the gospel, and I am so happy that Tammy now has it in her life as well.

6 comments:

Kellee said...

That is AWESOME! Way to go Nate! That's so cool that your girls get to see such a great missionary example. Jake would love to hear about that if you haven't told him already.

Kristen said...

Hey!!! Is that Tammy that in my ward?

Susan said...

Yes, Kristen, she's in the Garner ward. I was wondering if you knew her. It's a pretty small world.

Kristen said...

That is so funny!!! Yes, I do know her! When I saw her picture, I thought, "That has to be Tammy, but what are the odds?" How neat that she has that connection to you guys! I didn't know that!! How cool! You guys are just too cute and adorable in that picture, too, by the way. I can't believe how tiny you look to be so far along. (I'm sure you don't feel it, I feel like the goodyear blimp myself...) I love the comments like, "You must be ready to go any time..." or "You're about ready to pop aren't you?" and so on. I just think, I have WAY too long for you to be asking me those things! :) Anyway, you guys are cute. Hope you're feeling well and hanging in there.

Eileen and Chuck said...

What a WONDERFUL experience! Way to go, Nate! Susan, where are you hiding that baby?? You really look like you might have just HAD a baby, not like you are about to have one any day! WOW! Way to go, Susan! Love you and miss you.

Tammy said...

Suzan, I didn't know that you were going to post my picture or I would have tried to look better! :)

As long as the Gospel is spreading I know it is worth the sacrifice of my vanity.

You do look good!!