Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Crib time


This picture is to help me remember that Ryan can sleep in his crib, and he should be sleeping in his crib. He had his 2-month checkup today, and the doctor was breezing through several no-brainer questions. He's in a rear-facing carseat? He's never left alone with pets? He sleeps in his crib? ...... Umm, I admit that I didn't stop him when he passed over this question, which kind of makes me dishonest. Ryan actually sleeps in his car seat. Yeah, all the time. He wouldn't sleep in his crib as a newborn, and now I think it was because of his reflux. I just haven't wanted to mess with his sleeping arrangements when he has been doing so well. But there have been a couple of times when I went to get him in the morning and he had slid himself down into a really uncomfortable position. He's going to slide out of it one day if I don't just bite the bullet and make him deal with the crib. So, right now he is crying himself back to sleep in his crib because of course he didn't stay asleep very long when I put him in there. Oh, if he only knew how much more it hurts me than him.

3 comments:

Eileen and Chuck said...

I still cringe seeing a baby on his back--when mine were babies, you NEVER put a baby on his back--ONLY on tummy. Now it's just the opposite--wonder how we all lived through babyhood? Would one of those wedges to prop him on his side help him--sides are okay, aren't they? Jayden slept in her carseat for a good long time, too. Ask Kim. Good luck!

JW and Alli said...

Some of my babies were easily transitioned to the crib and others weren't. Is there a chapter in Baby Wise regarding sleeping in the crib? Emma slept great in her car seat until she was about 4+ months old. But, I also didn't get a crib until she was about 4 months old. :)

Susan said...

Babywise would say don't create a sleep habit that you're going to have to break later, so I should have had him in the crib, or at least the bassinet, from the beginning. Hannah slept in the car seat until she was about 4 months too, but then Ryan is about the same size now that she was at 4 months!

Eileen, his side might be a good idea to try if he won't settle in on his back. I'll give him a couple of days and see. Thanks for the tip!