Monday, October 06, 2008

Nikki


Nikki is back to her normal self again. The whining and stubbornness have returned, but so has her cute little giggle. I think I have focused too much lately on the low end of her mood swings, and I need to remember more often the fun and sweetness she brings to our family. She is the one who usually gets us together to play games. She loves board games, and she loves uno. She thinks it is so much fun to lay a draw four on someone, and surprisingly enough she handles it pretty well when someone gives her a draw four. She is such a snuggler. If Nate or I take a break on the couch, within just a few minutes she'll be cuddled right up with us. She loves make-believe games, and the whole family is always included. Usually she's the kitty and I'm the mommy kitty. It has been so fun to watch how much she is learning in kindergarten. She is so proud of the work she does. She is learning to write sentences by writing down the sounds she hears, and I think she does a great job. She is very proud of her good behavior at school. Her teacher has a frog theme throughout the classroom, and they get a green, yellow, or red lily pad to take home every day to show how their behavior was at school. Green means she didn't get in trouble, and I think if she ever got a yellow it would devastate her. This morning she was really cute when she saw that she is in charge of the treat for family night tonight. She got this really cute thinking face on, and said, " Umm, I want milkshakes" and then gave a huge grin. She has a sweet tooth to rival Aunt Kellee's! She has said a couple of cute things in the past couple of days that I have wanted to write down.


  • "I wish I was a baby. Then I would always be cozy, and someone would feed me, and I wouldn't have to get dressed by myself."

  • "I'm boring." This was said during General Conference when she was getting bored.

Oh, I know there was more. I'll have to come back and add them if I remember. I am so grateful to have Nikki in our family. Now, if we could only get these mood swings under control before the teenage years hit.:)

2 comments:

julie said...

Susan, I am afraid we are still working on our mood swings and we are in our late twenties and early thirties. Good luck!

Kellee said...

Glad Nikki's better!