Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Tag -- Great idea, Brigette

Brigette had a really fun post showing some pictures from her childhood. I had fun looking through old pictures this afternoon, and here are a couple of them. There were so many that brought back so many stories. I should have included the picture of my 2nd grade Halloween costume -- I was a mad nurse and if you know my mother you know it was a crazy costume that she came up with. I can't believe I wore that to school. Hannah would never do that, and I think she's smart!This picture just sums up my early childhood all in one shot. In the greenhouses and with JW. I wonder if Mom minded that we picked those petunias, and then I really wonder why somebody let him have a pair of scissors?! When I see pictures of us at this age I think of Jay and Brenna. I followed JW around everywhere. My most frequent words were, "Wait for me!"


This was such a fun summer when Clay worked in the greenhouses with us. I was looking at this picture and I thought that we have amazing parents who could get us through a hot, dirty, tiring day in the nursery and still end up with smiles. I know there were many days where we weren't so happy, but there were lots of these days, too.


This picture proves that I have always needed my naps and also that I can sleep anywhere.


Kim, Kellee, or Julie, do you know what this was? I laugh every time I look at it. I wish I had a better picture of our bookshelves. There really weren't that many books that I ever read off of them, but there were pictures and trophies and all kinds of things stuck up there. I do remember that 1929 (or something like that) set of Encyclopedia Britanica that said that one day scientists even hope to put a man on the moon. Those were neat, but a lot of good that did for my reports.


And this is what you do for fun when you grow up in North Carolina. Or you can ride a boogie board through a mum field being pulled by a station wagon after a hurricane comes through.

So there, if you read this you're tagged. What are some memories from your childhood?

7 comments:

julie said...

I have NEVER seen that picture of us all dressed up. I love that Kim and Kellee have "Units" on. I have to add that MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice are coming to the McKay Event Center (across the street from our house) on the 27th of this month. I CAN'T WAIT. Now I know what to wear.

Kellee said...

Those were the BEST pictures! I may copy some of those and put them on my computer. I almost put the one with Clay on mine...glad you did! The first thing I noticed with the first picture is JW with scissors a little too close to your hair :)

I don't remember taking that picture with the 4 of us, but I do remember the "units" or tube skirts! I remember watching the video with Kim in the mall thinking those were the coolest things. And I don't have one single picture of us swimming in the ditch! Thank you!

Kellee said...

OK...I gotta ask...what is that in Kim's hair!!!!

And I'm glad you actually MADE it to the bathroom a few times :)

JW and Alli said...

Cute, cute, cute. I couldn't believe that Kellee was the tallest girl in the picture of you 4 girls. That was funny. I remember wearing Units, too! I love the picture of you and JW. You were cute kids. Maybe what I need for Jay and Brenna is a greenhouse - you think? :)

Kristen said...

That is too funny!!! I love the old pictures and the memories. I will totally do this on my blog if I can find some old pictures. :) You've gotta love the 80's right? I'm shocked some of those things have gone out of style.

Kim said...

I don't remember that picture either, but I'm still laughing!!! I love that my ponytail was as big as my whole face!?! Your face in that is priceless! I really think we should bring back the pumps & white socks...so cool!! Can you email me those pictures? (the mud & 4 of us) I've told Josh about swimming in ditches...we were a classy bunch! Thanks for the sweet memories!

Brigette Little said...

Great pictures! I lvoe the mud shot. I've seen a LOT of mud pictures of you all, but never that one! I think next time you are all together, you four girls should re-create the fashion shot!