Monday, February 16, 2009

Home Haircare

Nate is a smart man, and he is also very sweet, and he is also very frugal. I got my hair cut a couple of weeks ago, and the lady left the bottom layer about an inch too long for me. The rest was fine, and I didn't want to haul the kids back to the salon just to chop off that bottom inch. So I asked Nate if he would do it. He refused. I remember I would always end up crying when Mom cut my hair, so I knew he was being very smart and he really shouldn't do it. But it needed to be done. For days he wouldn't budge, but then I mentioned that it was going to cost him an extra $30 if he didn't do it because I would have to return to the salon for another style much sooner if it wasn't trimmed. That did it (I knew it would), and Saturday he gave in and trimmed off the bottom inch of my hair. And I didn't even cry! He needs to work on his bedside manner, though. He kept saying, "Oh .... Umm .... I don't know .... I guess that's even .... Uhhh ....." I was getting pretty nervous, but he did just fine. Thank you, Nate! You're wonderful!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I would have been nervous if Nate were saying that to me too. I bet he did great. That's too funny you know his weakness in spending money. We have the opposite problem :)

Kim said...

You make me laugh! thanks!

julie said...

Nate, you are so brave. Phil has asked me to cut his hair before and I just said I don't think you REALLY want me to do that. I am too scared.

Susan, thanks for your comments on my hair cut. You are right, this is the shortest it has been since we were little girls. But it is SO much easier to do.