Friday, December 18, 2009

Chocolate Cake Truffles

Kellee, I was going to include this recipe in your Christmas box as an idea for a gift for neighbors, teachers, and friends (although it's probably not Luke-friendly), but I hadn't tried it out yet and didn't know if the recipe would work. Hannah and I made them yesterday, and they are delicious! So, even though it's a little late, maybe you can tuck it away as an idea for another year. Chocolate Cake Truffles

1 devils food cake mix
1/2 cup apricot or peach jam (or any jam as long as there are no seeds)
1 square chocolate
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
more chocolate to melt for dipping (I used Almond Bark, which was the cheapest I saw and it tastes good)

1. Prepare cake mix as directed, let cool.
2. In sauce pan melt butter, add cocoa, sugar and chocolate square, stir until smooth. Add jam and vanilla. This makes a chocolate syrup.
3. In another bowl crumble cake, add syrup and mix until blended and moist. Roll into balls and dip into melted chocolate.

It made a little over 60 truffles for me.

This is Nikki's face when she couldn't eat any truffles -- but don't I see chocolate on her face?

And even though I forgot to plan for any kind of packaging, a little plastic wrap and tissue paper later, I think they turned out rather cute. Even if not, they at least taste good!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are SO good! I have a recipe for Oreo Truffles. They're super easy & really good, too. I'll post it when I make some more.

Kellee said...

I could make those Luke-friends actually if I can find dard chocolate without milk in it. Looks great.