Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lots Going On

I haven't had a chance to post about last weekend yet, and this is why. Here is my journal entry from last night. It's nothing notable for anybody else, but for me to accomplish this is very noteworthy.

"I was so busy today, and it was wonderful. I got up and read scriptures with Nate and by myself. I exercised, got the kids to school, cleaned the kitchen, dressed Ryan, showered and did my hair, cleaned the bathrooms, changed the sheets, did the laundry, vacuumed, made yogurt, granola, tortillas, and dinner, cleaned the kitchen again, checked homework, helped Nikki prepare and give our family night lesson, read scriptures and said prayers with the kids, made fudge for Hannah's Activity Days party tomorrow, and even sang a few Christmas carols. Wow. I don't have the capapcity to do that all on my own. I know the Lord has strengthened me today and I am so grateful that He helped me do all of that for my family. Oh, I also crocheted a mitten for Nikki's Christmas present, and took three kids to the post office and library."

If I hadn't been so busy I would have posted about Hannah's piano recital last Friday. I was so proud of her. I got to play the duet part with her on her two songs, which was really fun. On the first one, she had her left hand in the wrong spot, but I didn't figure out what was wrong until she was about halfway through. She totally lost me but she kept going and acted so calm about it. Nikki got the video, so it's kind of hard to watch, but I am just so happy she is learning to play the piano that I can't resist posting it.

Then, I just have to say that if I could choose two people out of this world to be my brothers, there couldn't be any better choices than the ones I've got. On Saturday, Nate went to Goldsboro to do some repairs on the house we are selling. JW is our hero, and that is all there is to it. Nate said he watched while JW went to town fixing a whole list of things that were not all that simple. Jay, we can't thank you enough! And on Sunday Mike called to check in on us. I just really appreciated that he is still watching over me and is willing to help us with whatever we need. I really do have an amazing family.

5 comments:

Kellee said...

The video wouldn't play, but I'll try again later. How did you do all that in one day? You made yogurt? Schnikies! You get the homemaker award from me this year :)

Kellee said...

Oh yeah! We DO have the best brothers.

julie said...

Yes you do have an amazing family. You included!

Susan said...

You guys are sweet. I'll have to post how to do yogurt sometime. It's really not hard and everyone in our family likes it -- except Nikki. :)

Mike and Sherrie said...

Loved the duet! I actually had a piano recital in that same auditorium and Hannah did tons better than me. A bad case of nerves nearly did me in even though I was prepared. Way to go Hannah! Your recital brought back a funny moment in time for Aunt Sherrie. Love ya, Sherrie