Tuesday, December 01, 2009

On to December ...

We had a great Thanksgiving, and we are now totally in Christmas mode. I thought maybe we would take a little longer getting our Christmas tree up this year because of Ryan, but none of us could resist. We set it up Saturday and then decorated it last night for our family night activity. I'll have to get a picture of it soon. I love it! Everything on it is homemade. We made cinnamon-applesauce ornaments, dried orange slices, a tree topper made out of twigs, and pipe cleaner candy canes. The girls also put on the ornaments they have made in school in years past. I also learned why no one makes popcorn chains anymore. I put on what we had made, but it might not be finished before Christmas! The tree makes our whole house smell good.


This was a quick and easy craft the girls and I did Sunday afternoon while the boys were napping.

And here are my little decorators getting our orange slices ready to dry in the oven.

3 comments:

Kellee said...

Popcorn chains DO take awhile! We did a lot last year and it took 2 days, I think?

Can't wait to see the pics!

Kristen said...

we have a lot of homemade ornaments on ours too, but I LOVE the idea of the orange slices. And the craft trees are neat too. My kids love doing a craft, so the easier the better. :) Merry Christmas

julie said...

WOW. That is impressive! We have a tree up with no decorations. We might even leave it that way because little man will eat anything we put on it anyway.