Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

It is so frustrating that I ALWAYS upload my pictures in the wrong order. Oh, well. Here is our Christmas -- backwards. We decorated our sugar cookies on Christmas day because we wanted to deliver them to the fire station and the hospital for those who had to work on Christmas day. Kind of our way to thank them for serving our community even on the holidays. It ended up that we just made it to the fire station, but it was still a good experience and the rest of the cookies were delicious.
We had such a fabulous Christmas. The whole season was just wonderful. We really don't have normal kids. They are just too good. We did an entirely homemade Christmas, and they said it was the best Christmas ever. They really didn't get toys, but it still took us quite a while to get through opening presents. It was really cute to see what they had made for us. I think that was really why they enjoyed it so much. They each had made several presents for everyone in the family. When Ryan found the M&M's in his stocking (no, I didn't make those, but I didn't buy them either -- they were given to us) he had no interest in anything else.

Our gingerbread house. I saw a kit in the store for a gingerbread Christmas tree that looked really fun, but Nikki still wanted to do a house. So I made both. Yes, I made the gingerbread and the icing. It was a project for an entire day, but we weren't shopping and wrapping up until Christmas Eve so it was okay to spend a little extra time on one of our fun traditions. I thought the tree turned out really well! And I was proud of myself for stepping back and letting them decorate it. You can see the contribution Ryan made.

And finally, our celebrations started the week before Christmas when JW & Alli kept all of our kids for four days. Did I say in an earlier post that JW was our hero? I was remiss -- I didn't mention Alli. I don't know many other women who would take on 7 seven kids while 7 months pregnant. This is a picture of the dinner and cake Nate made for me on my birthday that weekend. It was really good, Nate. Thanks! We didn't go anywhere. We just stayed home and enjoyed a house that stayed clean, some peace and quiet, and the time to finish up a project or two. It was fabulous!

4 comments:

Kellee said...

What great memories you made with your family this year! You're my hero.

Kim said...

I agree with the you're my hero bit! It sound like it was hard work, but worth every bit of the effort. You're amazing!

Kristen said...

I don't know how your blog is set up, but I used to have the old picture uploader and recently changed my setting to the "new" way and it is much easier to get the right pictures in the right order. If you got to settings and look under the "basic" tab, at the bottom of the page there is a section called "global settings". The first thing says "select post editor". There are three options. I have the first one selected "updated editor". Save your settings and see if that makes a difference. It has a picture on the compose page, and if you click on it you can upload pictures from there. It might take a little getting used to--it did for me--but I like it a lot better and get the pictures right so much easier.

Susan said...

Thanks, Kristen! I guess I need to make another post to try out the new settings now. :)