Thursday, January 21, 2010

Granola Bars

Posting the recipe for the yogurt made me think about my granola bars. I really like these, too. I found a recipe on allrecipes.com and tweaked it a little bit.

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 c. honey
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (or dried apples and cinnamon, or raisins, or whatever you want)

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 dish.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Then stir in the chips.
3. Firmly press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown (I have a wimpy oven and have to bake it for 24 minutes to keep them from being too crumbly). Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completley in pan before removing.

2 comments:

Kim said...

YUM! thanks!

Amy M said...

Move over, Quaker. I made these, and they are delicious!