Tuesday, January 12, 2010

On the Move Again

The last time Nate and I moved was when Ryan was two weeks old. You know, he is almost 17 months old now. That seems to be an awfully long time for us to be in one spot. So, why stay? We wouldn't want to actually grow any roots or anything. All kidding aside, I really am ready to grow a few roots, and the house we are currently renting isn't suitable for that. We have a contract on a house in Garner that we are excited about. We are supposed to close on it at the end of February, and we are really hoping it all works out. So, once again .............. time to start collecting boxes, say goodbye to good friends in our neighborhood and church and great teachers at school, and get together a really good supply of cleaning tools -- it's a foreclosure and needs quite a bit of elbow grease, paint, carpet, and lots of other things that we can have fun fixing up.

7 comments:

julie said...

How fun and hard. I sent you a Christmas card but to be honest I have no idea if it was the right address. It was the newest one I could find on my email. I hope all goes well for you! We might be moving in the fall too and I dread the thought!

Kellee said...

We were just talking about our house right now being a record for us. Maybe that's why we were itching to move to. It'll be 4 years this April. Good luck with all that elbow grease. Doesn't sound like much fun to me :) Glad you'll be able to have your own space again soon!

Kristen said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am! I like fixing up a place. We've had to that to almost every house we've lived in. Its so fun to see the transformation from yucky to lovely.

JW and Alli said...

February is going to be a sticky month for us...but I'm sure JW would love to use his elbow grease and help you out. :) Keep us on top of your plans.

Kim said...

Congrads! I wish I could feel so positive about house projects right now. I want to can the elbow grease & hire the rest out! I was sore for days after grouting the tile a couple weeks ago...maybe that had something to do with my big round tummy!? Wow! Sorry I'm so negative. It will be wonderful. Take lots of before & after pictures.

Susan said...

Kim, I can't imagine moving and fixing up a house AND being pregnant. You are amazing! Putting in tile while eight months pregnant?! Makes me want to take a nap.

And thanks, Alli, but we know you guys will be busy that month. We'll see how it all goes.

And Kristen, I am so excited, too. It is so nice that there will be someone we know when we get there. Maybe you can help me pick out colors and things. I'm such a pitiful decorator!

Amy M said...

Email me: Where in Garner are you moving? My sister Jenny lives there. We also bought a foreclosure when we moved to Raleigh, but elbow grease was in plentiful supply then. I wasn't a mother yet!