Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ryan, 2 years old...




This little boy brings so much joy to our family. We are so grateful to have him. Here are a couple of things I want to remember about him as he is beginning his third year of life.

He won't go to sleep without socks on. If I forget, you can believe before his bedroom door has been closed for 5 minutes, he will be calling for his socks.

Apple juice is banned from our house because he won't eat or drink anything else if it is around. He has been  drinking milk a lot better since I tried giving it to him in a regular cup with no lid, but after two spills at lunch today he got the sippy cup back.

The girls call him a parrot because he tries to repeat EVERYTHING he hears. He can't say the "s" sound yet, and well, he actually has an aversion to most consonants. Sometimes he'll repeat a word and completely leave out all the consonants. It's enough to usually get his point across, though.

He's got the cutest smile, gets so excited over the smallest things, and will laugh at the tiniest provocation. When he gets tickled with something he has done, he will break out in this really funny George McFly "ah, ah, ah." I wish I knew how to type that sound. I can't help but laugh every time I hear it.

His favorite movie is Baby Galileo, no matter how much Nikki tries to convince him otherwise. He also likes watching Pink Panther cartoons on hulu.com.


If he wakes up from a nap grumpy, I can either offer him chocolate or take him outside, and he'll perk right up.

Even though he is sleeping in a "big bed" now (and still loving it), he won't get off of the bed by himself. He calls for us until we come to get him.

He loves going to Nursery at church, but he gets really upset if I try to take him or pick him up. It has to be Nate. He's so funny about his little routines.

The other day he walked up to me with his hand out and said, "Here you are." So I opened my hand, and he proceeded to drop in a wounded fly. I only had enough time to see that it was a black living thing before I screamed and dropped it. I almost scared him, but when I saw what it was I laughed so hard, which made him think he did something really great. Can you believe he caught a fly? What a boy!

3 comments:

Kellee said...

I can't wait to hear when he hands you a spider instead :) Those are such fun things to remember about him when he's older.

Kim said...

That was the sweetest post! He is just yummy! Using the word 'provocation' was quite impressive. Big word! Well used. I'll have to try that one out.

julie said...

What a cutie! I must say, I know he looks a lot like Nate but I believe he has your eyes! Happy Birthday Little Man!