Friday, June 10, 2011

A Man's Work

I've started a little project, and JW let me borrow some of his tools to complete it. When I saw he included his drill in the box of stuff he gave me, my first thought was that we already have a drill. But then I picked his up, and realized that he has a DRILL compared to our drill. Is there something wrong with me that I was having fun when I started using it?

Nate told me a story the other day about this guy he works with. His wife is home right now because they just recently had a baby. That afternoon he had to leave work early because a guy was coming to fix their hot water heater. Nate said, "Isn't your wife home?" This guy said she was there, but he had to take care of it because that was "a man's work." Are you kidding me? Little did Nate know that when he got home from work that day he wouldn't be able to park in the garage because I had taken out the toilet, the sink, and the cabinet in the bathroom. I guess I'm a manly woman since I like doing a "man's work." And I just have to say that I SO appreciate that Nate is manly enough to do the dishes and laundry or whatever I need when he sees the need for it to be done. That is the work of a good man!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Way to go! I think I've decided to get "Josh" some tools for Fathers Day. I've already picked them out in my head looking at all the projects I still want to do. Hope "he" likes them! For now, I'm going to go finish painting the bedroom.

JW and Alli said...

Some women are such Princesses! Gag me! I admire that kind that can handle a DRILL! I might be wrong - but I think JW included an attachment to the drill to mix the thin set. He would always mix it in a 5 gallon bucket. Next you'll have to borrow JW's hole hog - that is a FUN tool, I think its my favorite!

Kellee said...

Well, I'm not a princess, but I'm not a manly woman either :) I'd rather watch Joe sweat with the tools and hand him what he needs. Glad you have fun with it though! Can't wait to see the pics.

julie said...

One of the frustrating things about being pregnant is having the desire to do all the "manly" jobs but not the physical ability. You are my hero for doing the toilet though. I try to stay away from plumbing projects just because of the funny smells. You are the woman!

Kristen said...

I'm super impressed. :) I work hard and don't mind doing house projects, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't tackle taking out the toilet on my own. You are the WOMAN. :)