Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Our claims to fame

Our neighborhood is just down the street from Scotty's neighborhood. Man, now I wish I had actually struck up a conversation with him a few times in the grocery store. We had a lot of fun watching the American Idol finale, although there were a few parts that weren't quite family friendly. My two favorite parts of the night were when Hannah said J-Lo's outfit looked like a molting swan (I'd post a picture but it would be a little inappropriate for my blog -- she lost a few too many feathers), and then when Scotty and Tim McGraw sang together on stage. I do like Tim McGraw. Nate saw this picture and couldn't believe that Tim could be on stage in an old T-shirt, a hat that covers his eyes, and a huge belt buckle, and everyone still loves him anyway. :)



Nate's first cousin is Lynn, who is the mother of Faith in this video. Elder Oslund is now serving in Mike & Sherrie's ward, and he came and gave a fireside for our youth last Sunday. Nate had fun talking to him. He was really charismatic, and he has a great story. It was great to see his love and enthusiasm for the gospel. He was being recruited by San Diego State when he was a senior in high school to be a quarterback, but then he blew out his knee. So, I guess that's no big deal if you can just play baseball instead. He will be finishing his mission in a couple of months, and he said that as of right now the Detroit Tigers may be drafting him in a couple of weeks. However, his plan is to turn them down and go back to BYU. It was really neat meeting him and hearing his testimony.

Okay, so maybe we're not famous, but it is fun to rub shoulders with people who are. :)

3 comments:

julie said...

I think you are famous! You should tell Nate that although it may look like a t-shirt and jeans, he probably paid $150 for the hat, $85 for the t-shirt, $200 for the jeans and at least $100 for the belt buckle. I didn't include the belt or the boots he was probably wearing. Even if he did buy it all from Walmart, everyone would still love him!

JW and Alli said...

Julie took the words right out of my mouth! I could clothe my children for months with what Tim probably spent on his one outfit. Ummm, just in case you do get famous someday, since you know famous people, can I PLEASE have your autograph? :)

BRANDON AND NICOLE said...

That's cool that Scotty lives so close to you! I was thinking when they talked about where he is from, "Hey, I know someone who lives in that state!" Anyway, American Idol was one of the few good shows that airs on our 3 TV channels in English!