Friday, September 01, 2006

A day of firsts


Nikki had her first day of dance class on Wednesday. She has been looking forward to this for almost a whole year. She was just so adorable. I was nervous that I had the wrong time when we got to the studio because there were no other cars in the parking lot, but it just turned out that no one else was there for her class that day. So she got to be the star of the show as the only one in class. She was absolutely in heaven. She thought the ride home took forever because she couldn't wait to show me everything she learned in class. It took a lot of bribery to get her out of her leotard and ballet shoes that afternoon.

It just so happened that Wednesday was also Hannah's first day of Kindergarten. I was probably more nervous than she was. She came home with so much energy. I think she loved it so much that she was just wired for the rest of the day. And she actually told me about what she did, which is a totally different experience from her preschool days last year. Nikki and I missed her so much that day. Around 10:30 Nikki started asking to go pick her up from school. I noticed that night as we were cleaning up the house before bed that there really wasn't that much to clean up with her gone for the better part of the day. That was a nice bonus.

I just can't believe my baby girls are so grown up.

No comments: