Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Nikki went to preschool for the first time today. She didn't really want me to leave her, but she was really brave and did very well. I was surprised at her reluctance because she has just been dying to go. She was especially happy about the Smarties that she got as she was leaving. I tried to ask her about her day, and I guess she has learned well from Hannah because her response was, "I don't know."

So, for all my plans to be so productive and enjoy my time alone while the girls are in school, I couldn't believe what I had to do this morning after I dropped off Nikki. I had to go to the laundromat! Our dryer broke last week and Nate had to order a part to fix it that won't be in until Thursday. I had a mountain of laundry to do and my mother-in-law is coming to visit tomorrow, so I had to at least have some clean sheets for her to sleep on. Laundry is my least favorite chore, but going to the laundromat actually made it a lot easier. I had 7 loads going at once (of course their machines are really small to make you do more loads), and so I got everything washed, dryed, and folded in about an hour and a half. What is usually an all day job got done pretty quickly. Too bad it costs too much to do that regularly. At least it kept me too busy to really think about having both of our girls gone to school.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

i'm sure that was strange to have a few hours "alone". i think it was a blessing that you were by yourself at the laundromat, though. i can just imagine my ian there and i kind of start to get the shakes. it would not be pretty. going without an appliance isn't fun. our washer broke a couple of weeks ago. it just so happened that i was going up to my mom's that weekend anyway, so she was gracious enough to help me out. otherwise the laundromat would have been my destination. i hate laundry, too...but only the putting away part. and the fact that its never-ending....

i'm glad they're doing well in school and preschool. elise is going well in kindergarden, but i think all day kindergarden is too long. it seems like forever. we miss her. but i think ian and merry grace appreciate the time for them, too. its just an adjustment.