Friday, September 01, 2006

Ernesto

I can't remember the last time I watched anything on TV other than PBS Kids, so obviously I haven't been keeping up with the news very much. I did know that Tropical Storm Ernesto was coming, but I thought he was going to make landfall in Florida and so would be just a rain storm by the time he got all the way up here. So last night when the winds were loud enough to wake the girls up and have them end up in our bed I was taken by surprise. Then having four bodies in our bed, with three of them on my side since nothing else will fit on Nate's side besides him, I couldn't really rest very well through the night with a raging storm also keeping me awake. Sometime in the middle of the night I remembered that I had left our cooler outside of our garage to dry out after cleaning it, as well as an empty can of deck stain and a paint roller brush on our deck. I could just imagine one of our neighbors going door to door asking who was responsible for leaving a paint can outside to come crashing through their window when a tropical storm passed by. Luckily, everything remained in our yard. Although I just remembered that one of our tiki torches blew off the deck and I haven't gone out to find it yet. I guess there still is a chance we might have an irate neighbor.




School was closed today because of the storm, probably mostly because of flooded streets. So the girls broke out the paints and library books and princess dresses and movies and the chalkboard and all kinds of things to keep them busy on a wet, wet, wet day. And of course they played in the huge puddle in our driveway. So, Ernesto took me by surprise, but we had a fun day anyway.

No comments: