Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Nap time

I don't know what it is about the afternoon, but it is absolutely impossible for me to read anything between the hours of 1 pm and 4 pm. I fall instantly asleep. Eileen would probably laugh at me for this because I'm sure she remembers what it was like trying to get me to do my homework in high school. Any English reading assignments were hopeless for me to try to complete before supper. Well, I am still plagued with the nap syndrome. Yesterday and today I tried to study while Nikki was having quiet time. Well, I ended up more rested than Nikki. She came and laid beside me for a few minutes but didn't stay long. Then, when I finally came back to consciousness she said, "Mommy, are you done sleeping?" Thank goodness she's not a destructive or mischevious child. I got myself into a little trouble today, though. I fell asleep reading and finally put my assignment aside and laid down on the couch. When I woke up I couldn't find my glasses, and I really don't remember taking them off or where I put them. I looked all in the couch cushions (and found some amazing things), all around the couch, everywhere. I even went and put my contacts in and came back to look, but I don't know where they are. I suppose we'll figure it out when someone either steps or sits on them. So this is what I get for being a slackard and taking a nap even after I had a great night's sleep last night.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Even after turning the couch over and rearranging the living room furniture I still couldn't find my glasses, so this morning I asked Nikki again if she knew where they were. She said no, but Hannah piped up and said she saw them in the toy room. I looked back at Nikki, and she had a huge grin on her face. Maybe she's a little more mischevious than I thought!

Kristen said...

uh oh. i hope they turn up.

we've had similar incidents with car keys and things. (usually something of cory's...) elise is our master finder/rememberer. even from a young age, you could ask her where something was and she could find it. its an amazing gift. and one i didn't appreciate enough until ian started carrying off things with no idea what he did with them! ;)