Friday, September 01, 2006

Roughin' it

Nate & I went camping last weekend. I was so surprised when he said he wanted to go because he hates camping. His last camping experience was when he was Scoutmaster in Georgia. For a Utah cityboy, to go camping in the swamps of the deep south was a totally new experience. He was too hot and too tall for the tent, so he left the tent door open and stuck his feet out all night long. Needless to say, I had never seen so many redbugs on a pair of legs in all my life. He hasn't wanted anything to do with camping since then, but we did have a good time last weekend. It was really peaceful and fun to have no entertainment other than ourselves. We were really excited that we got such a good fire going. Nate let me help start it and feel useful, but I couldn't have kept it going -- I cheated on too many requirements during my Girls' Camp days. It was hot, so we want to take the girls to the mountains in October when the leaves are changing and it's cooler. To be completely honest, we spent the first night in a tent and the second in a hotel. Boy did I sleep good the second night! And smores are actually better cooked in the microwave than over a campfire. =)

No comments: