Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good times

We have had such a fun vacation so far. It started with my birthday the week before Christmas. Nate took me on a weekend getaway while my brother and sister-in-law watched our girls. He gave me a gift certificate for a massage at a spa which was absolutely fabulous. The lady who gave me the massage told me that because of my back surgery I would probably benefit from a monthly massage, or at least every other month. I keep trying to tell Nate that I have a medical reason for regular massages, but it hasn't worked yet. =) That night we went to the Nutcracker ballet. It was the first time I had seen it (besides Barbie's Nutcracker movie), and I thought it was wonderful. Nate even liked the chocolate truffles. They were really cute. Nate asked me if we could watch BYU's bowl game one evening in the hotel since we were doing these other things for me, and since marriage is about compromise I agreed. I ended up really glad that we did watch it because it was a really good game (BYU won, of course).

So, we had fun and the girls felt like they were having their own getaway since they got to play with their cousins for a few days. Thanks again for keeping them, Mike and Sherrie! We got back home just in time to start baking for Christmas.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

what a sweet, thoughtful gift. sounds like a wonderful time. i'm envious of the massage. if you figure out a good way to get that monthly massage, pass it along. =)

Susan said...

I'm still working on it ... =)